Friday, October 8, 2010

Song of the Week & Curse of the Tech Gods, Part Two

"We Are The Champions" gets to be my song for this week.  Besides Queen being my all time favorite band, I also have another reason.  I defeated my website and I'm feeling the need for an anthem to my victory!  Yes, I know that makes pretty much no sense, so let me try to fill y'all in on what's been going on.

Some weeks ago, I did a post called Curse of the Tech Gods about my website's template having some issues and crashing.  When I reinstalled the template, while it was functional, it wasn't quite what it should be.  But hey, it was working, so I left it alone.  Well, yesterday its last thread of functionality snapped.  The submenus for my novel excerpts and free reads stopped working, and try as I might, it just wouldn't be fixed.  I decided it was time to let go of my beloved template, and go with a new one.  Just one problem.  When I replaced the template, all my content was lost and replaced with generic pics and content in Spanish, which I'm sad to say, I can't speak or read, so for a few hours, I have no idea what was written on my website.

I went through two techies who couldn't fix it, and finally got to a Senior Tech.  They were able to retrieve my lost content and put it up again...with my original template...with all its problems.  This morning, I pushed up my sleeves and prepared for battle.  I was not going to lose to the Tech Gods again!  I would have a functional website!  Oh yes, I would.  And now, I do!  I have a new and I'm hoping functional template.  I lost some content from my News section, but other than that, all my original content is there.

So, if you happen to cruise over to my website and notice an all new look, that's why.  And if you have any problems with it, please, please, please, don't hesitate to contact me and let me know.  It would be very much appreciated :-) 

And now, for my anthem.  Freddie Mercury and Queen with "We Are The Champions."

No comments:

Post a Comment