Wednesday, October 27, 2010

CONQUEST is an EPIC Awards finalist!!

Last night, I received an email that still has me spinning, bouncing, and happy dancing.  My m/m rock star novel, CONQUEST, is a finalist for the 2011 EPIC ebook Awards Competition™!  The Eppies are one of the largest and most prestigious awards a book in ebook format can receive.  To final is an honor beyond honor.  I keep going back to the email, thinking I must have dreamed it, but every time the email is still there and the words are still the same, CONQUEST is a finalist.  Ecstatic doesn't even begin to cover how excited I am about this!  Winners will be announced in March 2011 at a ceremony in Williamsburg, Virginia.


But you know, Conquest didn't get to this point alone.  It's all thanks to the support of my readers, the hours of hard work from my editor, my publisher's faith in me, and the judges who took their time to read it.  And of course, I can't let my main character, Jesse Alexander, get away without a thank you.  It's his story after all, and I'm grateful to have been able to tell it.  Thank you, so very much, to everyone who has helped me achieve this honor!


7 comments:

  1. Please the Epic Awards people need to seriously look at the other two cause I am sure they be on there also...I know Conquest was more emotional really or it was for me. But the others are just as brilliant. I really cannot wait to see how many tissues it will take to get through Brandons story cause I know you are gonna tear us up. Cinders

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! Thank you, Cinders! I do love the other stories too, but with how they all hinge on Conquest, I'm thrilled having it final :D I hope I'll do okay with Brandon's story! *bites nails* I'm working on a short one with him now that I'm typing with my fingers crossed on doing justice with it.

    Thank you, thank you, Jambrea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow thats great! I loved all the books but Conquest started my love for Jesse! CONGRATS! Barb W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Barb! And I agree that with Conquest being the one that introduced Jesse to the world, it's the right one for this honor :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge congrats! Love the book and glad you're getting the recognition you (and it) deserves.
    \*o*/

    Karen (from GR)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, thanks so much, Karen! It means a lot that you think it's deserving. And I'm also happy to see you stopping by here :D

    ReplyDelete