Sunday, November 18, 2012

Book News and a Great Review

Hey, ladies and gents! Yes, I'm still around! I know, I know. I haven't posted here in forever, and I'm so sorry for that. Sometimes I wonder where the time goes. I do know 40 hours of it goes to the EDJ every week. You know, if it wasn't for that, I could get so much done! But there's no way I'm going to taint this blog with EDJ talk. This is meant to be a happy place! And so, onto happy things!

First, an update on Conquest Book 7, FEELING THE RHYTHM. For those who have been following my progress with the book, you know my editor and I were shooting to have it release by no later than December of this year. Well, we're going to make that. In fact, we're going to beat that. I'm pleased to announce that as of right now, FEELING THE RHYTHM is slated to release on November 23rd at MLR Press! My editor and I have been hard at work on it to hit this date. Now, as always, the release date is subject to change, but it's looking good for the 23rd. I'm going to pull a little sneak peak excerpt from it to share with everyone soon.

So with the Conquest boys getting ready to hit the scene again, that brings me back around to the vampires in the Instincts series. Along with working with the rockers, I've also been writing like a crazy person to get  the next Instincts book in to my editor by a November 15th deadline. The good news is, I did it! And it has a title; ADAPTING INSTINCTS. It's another novel length book, though shorter than the others in the series. As it stands now, it's sitting at 67K words, but I could always gain some or lose some during editing. That book is slated for a March release, so it'll be my next release after FEELING THE RHYTHM.

With those two books finished, I'm currently between writing projects, and I plan to keep it that way for a little while. I'm going to take a break to recharge and refresh, and I'm not sure what my next project will be. Or even how long my break will be. It might be a couple weeks, a month, or until the end of the year. It'll last until the urge to write gets too strong to hold back. So you might not hear any new writing news from me for a while, but that doesn't mean I'll be a complete stranger. Who knows? Maybe I'll even have the time to get the Weekly Inspiration posts going again!

Last, but certainly not least, I'm very excited to share a great review for NATURAL INSTINCTS, Book 1 in the Instincts series. This review came in with perfect timing since I just finished writing the 4th book! It was reviewed at one of the hottest review sites around for paranormal themed stories, Bitten by Books, and I'm thrilled to say it received a 5 out of 5 rating! Hooray! My thanks to the reviewer, Booktaster, for taking the time to read it and write up the wonderful review, and to Bitten by Books for posting it on their site. If you'd like to check out the review, please click HERE.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is that. An update on all I've been up to. I hope it sounds like good news!


4 comments:

  1. Damn girl....that is crazy happy news. Congratulations.

    Have a great rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you! I'm glad it all sounds like happy news to you. I'm extremely happy about it all myself :D Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend, too.

      Delete
  2. Wow!!! Great News.... Congrats!! Can't wait for "Feeling the Rhythm". Hope it does show on the 23rd cause it will only have to be my "Happy Birthday" to me Pressie :)and only a day late too YEEEAAAH (although whatever the date it will still be on my favourites shelf).

    Thanks so much for the update and I hope you have a lovely break and get lots of rest and special time for you and your loved ones.

    Sinéad K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I appreciate you looking forward to Feeling the Rhythm. And a very happy birthday to you! Your birthday is just a day after my little guy's. All sorts of good things happening this week!

      Thank you for the good wishes for my break, too. I do plan to relax, read some books, watch a few movies, and enjoy the time with my family :-)

      Delete