Thursday, May 17, 2012

New Release: HEARTSTRINGS

Ladies and gentlemen, it's my pleasure to announce my newest release, HEARTSTRINGS!  It just went live at MLR Press! And a day early, because MLR rocks! It's available in many formats, and will soon be available at many other book retailers and in print. Woo hoo! You can find it here: http://www.mlrbooks.com/ShowBook.php?book=SJFHEART

This story is set in the Conquest "world", but features all new characters. It's been a long time since I've had a full novel-length book released, and even longer since it was one featuring musicians. I'm very excited for this one, and I hope, very much, that all who read HEARTSTRINGS will enjoy stepping into this world again and meeting some new faces.

And remember, the Hop Against Homophobia is still going on until May 20th. I have my giveaway post right below this one, but also, there are over 200 wonderful authors united together to show their support for acceptance and equality in this hop, so be sure to visit them, too.


BLURB:
When violinist, Nicholas “Las” Lamont” would make his treasured violin sing, he could transfer the emotion of every piece to his listeners. That was before his passion faded. As Las performs the last concert on his tour, he realizes his lackluster playing goes against everything he used to love about music and he has two choices; rediscover his love for music, or stop playing.


Quinn Patrick, the leader and drummer of the Scottish rock band, Lions Rampant, lives for music. The instant he and Las meet, Quinn sees in him a man with a beautiful gift, but who’s lost his way.  He wants nothing more than to bring back the sensitivity and passion that made Las the virtuoso he is.

The more time Las spends with Quinn, the more he learns about what it is to love music. But if he’s to truly find happiness, he must open his heart not only to music again, but to Quinn as well.


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! And now on to MLR Press to get my copy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I hope you'll enjoy the story and meeting these new guys :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finished Heartstrings a couple of days ago and today I went to Navy Pier in Chicago to watch the fireworks. A band played in the beer garden. Rock/pop band, with a violinist.
    Guess which story immediately popped into my head? ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cool! I can't even tell you how happy that makes me hearing the book came to mind for you then :D And it sounds like that would've been a good time, hanging out down there, watching fireworks, and listening to that band. Thanks so much for sharing that with me and for reading Heartstrings!

    ReplyDelete