Thursday, May 24, 2012

Free novella, "Of Honor and Love", now available!

Hey guys and gals!  Some of you may have heard me mention that I was writing a free novella for the  M/M Romance Group's Love is Always Write event. Well, that story, "Of Honor and Love", is now live on the group over at Goodreads! It just went up today! Woo hoo!

Just like with the Hot Summer Days event, pictures were posted by group members, along with a prompt, and then authors could pick from them to write a story. I fell in love with the image I picked the instant I saw it. The image was posted by none other than a fellow author, the wonderfully talented, Megan Derr. I was so excited when I won the pic and thank her for giving me the chance to write this story!

As soon as I knew I had this image and prompt...and actually a little before...I started writing the story because the characters, Jonathon Addison and Kazuhiro Takezaki, were coming through so strong. It takes place in 1867 Japan, and it's my first attempt at writing historical. I have to say it was challenging, invigorating, and an all around blast to write something so different than my norm! I really fell in love with the characters and the story.

If you'd like to read "Of Honor and Love", here's the link to it: http://www.goodreads.com/facebook/topic/880228-sj-frost-of-honor-and-love-5-24

You do have to be a member of the group to read it for now, but I'm actually planning on having a cover made for it and posting it for free on AllRomance Ebooks, as well. Providing I can figure out how to do that!

And here's the beautiful pic and prompt that inspired the story.


Prompt:

Dear Author,

I think this man is much more, or much less, than he seems. Who is he really, and who or what is he pretending to be? What sort of trouble will his secrets cause him? I’d be grateful if you could answer these questions for me.

Sincerely,
Megan

I also wrote a blurb for it.

Blurb:

Japan 1867…

Jonathon Addison wanted a night of companionship, to be in the arms of a man – any man – and no longer feel lonely. But he picked the wrong man, and events led him to make a twisted deal to save his own life. Now he’s in the mysterious and distant nation of Japan, where the death of another means freedom for himself.

Kazuhiro Takezaki is a lord and samurai living in a country strained and ready for rebellion. He agrees to meet with Jonathon Addison, a representative of a foreign arms dealer, in an act of keeping his enemy close. Only, Jonathon isn’t anything like he expected, and Kazuhiro can’t stop himself from being drawn toward the man’s exotic beauty.

As Jonathon and Kazuhiro’s passion takes hold, danger looms close, much of it in the secret Jonathon keeps.

And there you have it! I hope everyone who reads this story will enjoy it :D


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful story...can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Cinders! I really hope you'll like it :D

    ReplyDelete