Friday, May 27, 2011

Update and Song of the Week - "Written in the Stars" by Tinie Tempah featuring Eric Turner

I'm baaaack!  Well, for now.  Hopefully for a little longer, but that's unpredicitable at the moment since my computer is in an all out rebellion against me.  It started acting wonky about two and a half weeks ago, but this week, it's really been throwing temper tantrums.  It's freezing up on me constantly, in Word and online.  Every day, I have to re-install Word to get it to open.  I've run virus scans, malware scan, other diagnostic tests...everything comes up with nothing.  Restored to system default settings, deleted unnecessary programs, still nothing helps.  It's locking up in my email, Blogger, Facebook, Goodreads, and other pages, so if you've sent me an email lately or if it seems like I've fallen off the face of the earth, that's why.  Sorry!  I think, though, I'm closing in on the problem and have figured out a back door solution to getting online.  I'm running Google Chrome now instead of Internet Explorer, and so far, it's a lot more stable.  So, it seems it's just all the Microsoft products that are in the rebellion *sigh*

But despite the fits Word is throwing, I'm still getting a few words down.  I'm working on a new rocker story that will be offered for FREE over on the M/M Romance Group at Goodreads.  They're holding an event called Hot July Days where people can post pics and write a premise to authors, hoping an author will write a story for them.  This is the image and premise I picked up.

Premise written by the poster, Mel:
Dear Author,

These two men used to be rivals.  A (country) music star who is the perfect son in law material and a volatile rock star with an attitude.  The men have been at odds for years, the media fueling their rivalry.  But somehow, their animosity turned to tenderness.  How did this happen?

Now, dear author, I realize this set up has the potential to produce a really sappy story.  I personally hate sap and anything resembling corniness.  I hope for anger, cynicism, and explosive emotions (translating to HOT sex!).  Oh, and tats and black eyeliner.

So with that premise, I'm sure everyone who's familiar with my work can see why I picked up this story to write.  You all know I'm a sucker for musicians ;-)  Only problem is, the story is turning out way longer than I anticipated!  These two are very chatty characters!  But hopefully everyone will enjoy it.

Other things I'm working on...well, pretty much just the sequel to NATURAL INSTINCTS.  I had hoped to have the first draft finished by the end of May, but between all my computer troubles and real life not playing nice, I'm way behind where I'd like to be on it.  But no worries.  I still think it's looking like it'll still release this year.

And so, that's what's been up with me.  Now on to the Song of the Week!  For this week, I'm putting up an artist I really know nothing about, Tinie Tempah.  Other than this song, "Written in the Stars", I haven't heard any more of his work, but I've really been liking this one when I've heard it on the radio, so I figured why not share it with y'all.  I did track down Tinie Tempah's website, just haven't had time to explore it.  I think I'm going to have to look into his music a little more when I get a chance.  If anyone would like to learn more about his music, here it is:  http://www.tinietempah.com/   

And even though I haven't been around for a while, you know I still have to post my don't-sue-me-message regarding the song.  I claim no ownership or rights to this song, video, imagery, lyrics, music, or anything therein.  All belongs to the rightful copyright holder(s).  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment