- Adapting Instincts, Instincts series # 4 - 70,000 words
- To the Other Side, Terra series #1 - 78,000 words
- A Little Bit Country, a novel - 62,000 words
- Refined Instincts, Instinct series #5 - 62,000 words
- Model Love - 47,000 words
That's a heck of a lot of words that got published for me! And behind the scenes, I've been working on other stories for 2014. Two are now in the hands of my editor at Ellora's Cave:
- Vampire Prince - currently 72,000 words
- Love and Pornography (title subject to change. It's pending approval to see if it would be able to pass through Amazon.com's censoring) - currently 60,000 words
And one more heading to my MLR Press editor in the very near future:
- Knight of Fire, Terra Series #2 - currently sitting at 89,000 words. But I'm revising this one now, trying to tighten it up so that word count will definitely be changing.
2013 was a fantastic writing year for me. It brought about a new series with To the Other Side in the world of Terra. It also brought me new opportunities with a new publisher, Ellora's Cave. It was certainly my biggest year for book releases. It took a lot of time, much dedication, a few sacrifices, but I'm incredibly proud of each and every book I wrote and grateful to everyone who took the time to read them.
So, what will 2014 bring for my stories? Well, I've got a few in the works. The three I mentioned above, but also more to be written. Of the ones I hope to write in the new year, they are:
- A novella with Brandon and Shunichi from the Conquest series
- A novella or novel with Tanner Hartell, lead singer of Lions Rampant from the book Heartstrings...also Conquest series.
- Terra series #3
- A contemporary set around a horse rescuer and a Thoroughbred breeder.
There will be...could be...others, too. After the amount of releases I had in 2013, this schedule probably seems a bit lighter, and it is. I'm very happy I finally hit my goal of having so many releases in a year, but I think I'm ready to slow down a bit now :-) Maybe. We'll see. It all depends on the demands of life and of course, the demands of my characters.
And so, my dear readers and friends, I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for being part of my journey through this past year. I hope in 2014, we can keep having fun together as I introduce you to some new friends of mine in my stories and we visit with some familiar ones. Happy New Year to you all!