Thursday, May 17, 2018

Bye bye, Website, and Other Updates

Hello, everyone! Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted. So that answers at least one question that yes, I am still among the living. Most days, anyhow.

Now to answer a question that some may have in the near future if you attempt to go to my website, sjfrost.com. At the end of June, I'm letting my website expire. It was a hard decision to make, and one I've thought about for several weeks with its renewal coming up. The truth is, I'm not writing enough these days to keep it going or to support it. And really, between this blog and social media, a website doesn't seem as important as it used to. If that changes in the future and I feel the need to have a website again, I'll just rebuild it. It's not like it was all that fancy, anyway :-)

Speaking of social media, if you do want to find me, friend me, follow me, these are the sites I'm active on:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sj.frost.3
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SJ_Frost
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s.j.frost/

I do try to follow back everyone who seems like a reader or author, but if I miss you, please know it's not intentional. Yell at me and let me know you're there so I can follow you back! I'm really only now getting somewhat okay at using Instagram, so I'm sure I've missed people there. My apologies for that!

And for the final question that might be lingering; writing. I have...tried. Off and on over the past several months, I'll sit down, open a file, revise what I've written on a current WIP (work in progress), add a few words to it, and then nothing for days or weeks. Real life has absorbed all the time that I used to dedicate to writing, and then some. It's not a bad thing, really. Since I've stopped writing, I've found a lot of happiness away from the computer; dedicating time to those in my life that maybe didn't get enough before, finding new interests, rekindling old ones. It's been a good thing.

That's not to say I'm done writing. But where before, I threw everything at writing, I need to have a better, healthier, and happier balance between it and all else in my life that I love.

To those who have offered support, it means the world to me. Knowing you've been there, that you continue to be there, I'm eternally grateful. Your kindness and patience is so incredibly appreciated. Thank you, all, my dear readers <3

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad te see you are still writing even if it's slow going. I checgk for updates and to see if you have any news periodi c ly and am so happy to see an update even if it's not one about a new release. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that changes in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ms. Frost

    I was just wondering if you are continuing the last(?) Terra book featuring Aleric. I have read the first three and loved the stories and couples but out of all of them it it Aleric I feel the most about. Aleric and Lugh is the last couple without an resolution. Please continue their story and give them the happy ending they deserve. Please.

    A very devoted fan,

    Donna

    P.S. Sorry to contact you here but you Gmail (s.j.frost3@gmail.com.) does not work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just reread the first two paranormal nobles stories. Wow, they are still amazing! You're an amazing author and I hope you will pick up your writing again some day.
    I tried to buy the third story in kindle format, Demon Prince, but it seems I'm too late, the series completely disappeared from Amazon 😳 Is there any way to buy the ebook version of Demon Prince anywhere?

    ReplyDelete