Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Special Announcement

Some of y'all might remember awhile back I did a post titled, "What Has S.J. Been Up To?", where I talked about my current writing projects.  I mentioned in that post I was working on a novella with Brandon and Shunichi from the Conquest Series, and something special might be getting done with my royalties from it, but I didn't want to say what until everything was finalized.  Well, now everything is, and I can let you all in on it.

The story is titled, FINDING A DREAM, and it's going to be published by MLR Press in ebook form.  It's roughly around 80 pages, and while we don't have a solid release date for it yet, we're hoping to get it out before the end of the year or just into the beginning of the New Year.  Timeline wise, the story takes place directly after KEYS TO LOVE, though I think it can be read without having read KEYS prior.

But what's going to make this story a little extra special is I'll be donating all of my royalties from it to The Trevor Project.  And to top it off, my editor, Kris Jacen, is putting her royalties in with mine.  How awesome of an editor do I have to do this with me?  And how incredible of a publisher do I have in MLR Press to help me make this happen?  Both absolutely amaze me.  I'm so thrilled and touched with how everyone came together to support me in doing this. 

The Trevor Project is a non-profit organization that works for suicide prevention among LGBTQ youth.  As they say on their website:

"The Trevor Project is determined to end suicide among LGBTQ youth by providing life-saving and life-affirming resources including our nationwide, 24/7 crisis intervention lifeline, digital community and advocacy/educational programs that create a safe, supportive and positive environment for everyone."

Too many precious lives have been lost because of bullying and intolerance.  With the royalties from this story going to The Trevor Project, we hope to help those in need and to raise awareness for acceptance of all individuals who share this world. 

5 comments:

  1. Whoot Congraz and Kris is awesome sauce! Can't wait for the story. Cinders

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! She's the best! Behind every good author is a great editor, and they don't get any better or more supportive than her. Now here's hoping you'll like the story :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to read a story from you I don't like I am going to get your horse one next payday. You are a very talented writer and it shows. Cinders

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally cool! AND...BRANDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *breath* BRANDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO! Thank you, Jambrea! And, uh, I'm getting the impression you're looking forward to seeing Brandon, hee hee! Now here's hoping he doesn't disappoint! *bites fingernails*

    Aww, thank you very much for your sweet praise, Cinders! *hugs* I hope you'll like Midnight Dalliance. It's a lot different than the rocker boys, but being a horse owner myself, I had a lot of fun writing it :-)

    ReplyDelete