Wednesday, July 3, 2013

News and Reviews

Hello, everyone! It's time for a long overdue update! I do apologize for not posting more regularly. The good news of that is I've been spending all my free time throwing myself into writing. This year is turning out to be my biggest release year yet, as far as quantity goes. I started out the year with Adapting Instincts, then came To The Other Side, next up will be A Little Bit Country, and after that will be Refined Instincts, Book 5 in the Instincts series.

Yep. That's right. I've finished revising Refined Instincts and it's now ready to be sent off to my amazing editor at MLR Press! Woo hoo! Though, I probably shouldn't celebrate too much, because I still have to write the blurb and synopsis, but hey, the story is finished so that's a good enough reason to celebrate in my book ;-)

With the vampires ready to go again, now it's time for me to think about what project I'll start writing next, and I'm feeling the guys from the Terra series coming in strong, so I'll most likely be starting Book 2 with them.

And speaking of the Terra series, To The Other Side has gotten some really great reviews since it released! For those who are interested, here's some you can check out with links to the reviews.



4.75 stars out of 5 at Joyfully Jay. Thank you, Jay!

The cover for To The Other Side was also selected as one of the Favorite Covers for June at Joyfully Jay! Yay! And more thanks to Jay for that honor, and congratulations to the cover artist, Jared Rackler!

4.5 Nymphs out of 5 at Literary Nymphs. Thank you, Chocolate Minx!

4.5 hearts out of 5 at MM Good Book Reviews. Thank you, Pixie!

The Armchair Reader also gave it a "Really Liked It". Thank you, Cole!

4 stars out of 5 at Bea's Hive Romance Book Reviews. Thank you, Bea!

I couldn't be more thrilled with these reviews, and I give my thanks to each reviewer for taking the time to read the story and express their thoughts in these insightful reviews. All your work is very much appreciated!

Since I'll be going back to the other side for my next writing project, I'm hoping the writing will go fast and smooth, and maybe, just maybe, have Book 2 ready to release at the end of this year. But I'm not going to force the story and let it unfold at it's own pace like I always do. I'm also hoping to start a novella soon with Brandon and Shunichi from the Conquest series.

As for a tentative release schedule of my upcoming works, my editor and I are continuing to work toward an August release for A Little Bit Country. We're still in edits with it, so it's possible it might get pushed back to a September release, but we're doing all we can to have it out as soon as possible. I should have some cover art and the blurb for it to share soon!

After A Little Bit Country, it'll be the vampires coming back in Refined Instincts. In our chats, my editor and I are thinking a possible October release for it.

And there it all is! What I've been up to and what's been going on in my little writing world. Hope all sounds good to everyone!



4 comments:

  1. Thank you! I'm happy it all sounds like good news :D And another thank you to you for the wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who will be the main characters for Refined Instincts, I am dying to know!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I suppose I can share that ;-) Refined Instincts will be the story of Renart Bellerose and Troy Raines.

      Delete